Thursday, September 29, 2011

# cookies # dating at home

Dating At Home: Love Letters



Are you going on a date with your husband this weekend? Remember, you don't have to go out to go on a date. But, whatever you decide to do, make it special.

Last weekend as part of our date, I put together a box for my husband. Inside the box were these cookies, which I knew in Asia as "love letters."


They are hollow cookies, rolled up like a scroll, or love letter. I found some real love letters from famous people and printed them out. I rolled them up tight and inserted the letters into the cookies. The last cookie was a love letter that I actually wrote for my husband. I tied that one up with a red ribbon.




We had some Chinese food, Trader Joe's style, and then he read the love letters. My husband doesn't like fortune cookies (the taste, not the idea), so these "love letter" cookies were great.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea. Great to give to a spouse or child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin, I love your idea about giving these to a child. How fun to find one of these in your lunchbox!

    ReplyDelete

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us