Tuesday, February 9, 2016

# birthdays # church

Gumball Necklace Tutorial

A couple of days ago I posted my birthday gift idea for my Primary kids who will be turning eight. You can make an "all white" necklace or adapt any way you'd like.


Here is a quick tutorial on how to make these cute necklaces.




Here's the list of supplies you will need to gather:

  • 24- 1" Gumballs (I ordered these on Amazon.)
  • 6 feet of 2" Poly tubing (You can order this on Amazon as well and you will NEVER run out. The roll is gigantic. I split the roll with my sister and it will last me forever. You can purchase it HERE.)
  • Ribbon, colored elastics, or loom bands


NOTE: I have used curling ribbon, colored mini hair tie elastics and loom bands. My favorite is loom bands, which I have used in the picture above. The hair elastics are too little and hurt my fingers. The curling ribbon takes more time than I wanted. The loom bands are awesome because they are stretchy and don't hurt my fingers. I also LOVE the look of them.

I hope this was helpful. These are cute for graduations and other celebrations as well.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a cute birthday gift for an eight year old. Thanks for the tutorial. I just loved it. My niece is going to turn 10 soon and we might do something like this. I am planning to host a cute DIY party at one of local party venues but not decided on the theme yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a darling party! I'd love to hear how it goes!

      Delete
  2. Do you share the file for the card by chance? This is the cutest baptism gift I've ever seen. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kara! You can get the cute card from Larcie Bird's blog. Here's the link:
      http://larciebird.blogspot.com/2014/01/i-like-to-look-for-rainbows-lds-baptism.html?m=1

      Delete

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us