Friday, May 25, 2012

# birthdays # cake

Sunflower Twinkie Cake


It was my daughter's 4th birthday last weekend. She wanted a flower-themed birthday party. It's a little tricky to decorate outside but at least we had a flower cake. I got a quick picture of it before it disappeared.


This cake was fun and easy to make. The center is a regular 9" round cake frosted with yellow frosting and topped with Hershey kisses. The petals are Twinkies cut in half. I liked how the sunflower turned out.


Next time I think I'll do a daisy- leave the Twinkies long (maybe cutting off just a little on one end to give it a flat edge) and frost them white (or whatever color). I'll probably use candy melts for the center, since they come in all sorts of colors, or just pipe it with frosting. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us