Monday, August 29, 2011

# games # playtime

Dominoes


When was the last time you or your child has played with dominoes? We inherited a huge bag of wooden dominoes from my mom- the same dominoes I used to play with when I was a kid. My brothers and sisters and I would set them all up and then knock them over, use them as little blocks and stack them up, and count all the dots on the pieces. I don't remember using them to actually play a real game of "Dominoes."

MJ likes playing with them the same way I did- knocking them over. It's fun to see her grasp the concept of cause and effect.



She also likes building with them, and even playing a REAL game of "Dominoes." She learned that she had to count the dots and then match the same numbers up.



Dominoes make a great teaching tool. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow us @justonemomtrying

Instagram

Follow Us